| Bibliographic Media|
As one of the world 's oldest civilisations -- with amazing achievements in the realms of spirituality, philosophy, yoga, mathematics, astronomy, linguistics, architecture, ayurveda, fine arts, music, ... and now striving (like the Western world) to explore fresh vistas in electronics, nuclear physics, space technology, computing, telecommunications, biology, and medicine -- India has a lot to impart to the global scholarship. And now, as never before, Indian publications -- in terms of their thought content, quality of production, and magnitude -- are beginning to compare favourably with their counterparts in the highly advanced countries.
|DK's ROLE :|
Down the line since 1968, DK's Bibliographic Division has periodically produced diverse, yet authentic, bibliographic compilations/catalogues for our ever expanding clientele around the world. Now staying distinctively among our different programmes -- all oriented towards ever-enlarging customer services, our these compilations/catalogues are not only well known in most countries, but are awaited by our customers: be they individual scholars or the professionals managing national/university/college/government/institutional/research/public libraries.
While applying all the technical aspects of librarianship, we at DK seek to capture the whole gamut of India's scholarly/research output -- published in thousands of books, journals, continuations, series, reports, conference proceedings -- in English, Sanskrit, Tibetan, Hindi and other vernaculars, appearing every year in different parts of the subcontinent. And then, ours is veritably the "live-cataloguing" growing, as it does, not from the borrowed information, but from our scrupulous inspection of our own acquisitions.
|BOOKS/MONOGRAPHS SECTION :|
A publication may be covered in our different media for the benefit of wide-ranging audiences, but it is never repeated in the same subject category of catalogue/list appearing subsequently.
- Books of the Week : A comprehensive, systematic bibliographic bulletin with Library of Congress Subject Headings -- covering all publications catalogued at DK.
- Brochures : Book-announcements, fliers and similar literature on new and forthcoming publications.
- Census of India Publications' Catalogues : comprehensive information rosters, highlighting -- under each decadal series -- the Census of India 'Publishing Plan' and its() 'Already Published Titles'.
- D.K. Newsletter : a quarterly publication of news and reviews of Indian books in English.
- Government Publications from India : a quarterly list offering publications from Central, State, Local Governments, autonomous and semi-autonomous organisations, National research and academic institutions.
- Law Books from India : a quarterly listing.
- Low Priced Indian Publications : Periodic subject-wise lists covering research value publications priced below a certain level, usually not offered by bookstores.
- MIWA--Major Indian Works Annual : A bibliographic guide to carefully chosen, genuinely significant works of higher academic/research/general value.
- Modern Indian Language Publications : quarterly 'language-wise' lists.
- Publishing News : Occasional subject-wise listings carrying book-reviews on latest titles of a scholarly nature.
- Sanskrit, Prakrit and Pali Publications from India : a quarterly listing.
- Special List : Periodic subject-wise book lists.
- Specially Created Book-lists : Based on scholars'/librarians' topical demands.
- Tibetan Publications : an occasional listing.
- USMARC Records : Made available with every publication supplied. Choose between the print and electronic versions.
- Unit Catalogue Cards : A free card supply service of all publications relevant to the specific subjects (asked for by a customer).
- Unpriced Publications from India : an annual listing of well-researched publications of various academic and government bodies/agencies which, though unpriced, are hard to come by.
Note: Besides these, we have produced occasional thematic catalogues entitled : Art and Crafts, Buddhist Studies, Indic Studies, Islamic Studies, and Books for Selective Use of Museums and Art Galleries among others.
|JOURNALS/SERIALS SECTION :|